Wednesday, October 10th, 2018 – Saturday, October 13th, 2018
ASBAA’s Annual Toronto Trip is one of the most memorable experiences to be a part of as an ASBAA member. Ten students will travel to Toronto to experience the business hub of Canada. Students will visit the head offices of accounting firms within the greater Toronto area, as well as other big businesses in the city. Students will have the opportunity to establish connections with professionals outside of Winnipeg and are strongly encouraged to ask for professional advice. In addition students will get a chance to see major Toronto attractions and experience the social scene of downtown Toronto. You don’t want to miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity!
To apply please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Check the Requirements
1. Be admitted to and registered in the Asper School of Business;
2. Be in good standing with the Asper School of Business, and the University of Manitoba, both academically and professionally;
3. Not have attended the Toronto trip in prior years;
4. Be an accounting major having completed both ACC 1100 and ACC 1110 with a grade of C+ or better, and be currently enrolled, or completed one of the following: ACC 2010, ACC 2020, ACC 3040 or ACC 4030.
5. A declared accounting major on aurora.
Step 2: Application Process
1. A copy of your unofficial transcript (downloaded via aurora);
2. Include a description (2-3 sentences) on why you want to attend the Toronto Trip.
3. Submit your information to the Toronto Trip Coordinators via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 PM CST on Tuesday, September 18th, 2018 (Include student number & name).
Step 3: Registration and Selection
Students will be selected on the above criteria. Only selected candidates will be contacted by Wednesday, September 19th, 2018 regarding their application acceptance, registration fees, and availability for a short, mandatory, pre-trip meeting.
After you are selected, you must complete and sign the following waiver form: Field_Trip_Release
Payment for registration fees can be made via cash and/or cheque.
Please note: Students are responsible for a minimum fee of $500, which will cover round-trip airfare, site visits, hotel accommodations and transportation to and from the airport. Students are responsible for all other costs including, but not limited to: checked baggage fees, food, beverages, as well as additional tour and leisure expenses.