Can you let your members know about 3 CACEE Blitz. A CACEE Blitz is a drop-in format that students can talk to reps from an accounting firm about their CACEE form and receive advise and tips from the employer perspective. They will be set up in the Fishbowl Lobby on the main floor of Drake from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm. The forms do not need to be completed.
The firms that will be on campus this year are:
Deloitte – Sept 19
Grant Thornton – Sept 20
PwC – Sept 28
Wednesday, October 11th, 2017 – Saturday, October 14th, 2017
The Toronto Trip is one of the most memorable experiences to be a part of as an ASBAA member. Ten students, including the Toronto Trip Coordinator and accompanied by a faculty advisor, will travel to Toronto to experience the business hub of Canada. Students will visit the head offices of accounting firms within the greater Toronto area, as well as other big businesses in the city. This will be an excellent opportunity to network with professionals from outside of Winnipeg as well as having your resume looked at by the hiring managers of the firms we visit. In addition, students will get a chance to see major Toronto attractions and experience the social scene in the largest city in Canada. You don’t want to miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity! It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
To apply please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Check the Requirements
1. Be admitted to and registered in the Asper School of Business;
2. Be in good standing with the Asper School of Business, and the University of Manitoba, both academically and professionally;
3. Not have attended the Toronto trip in prior years;
4. Be an accounting major having completed both ACC 1100 and ACC 1110 with a grade of C+ or better, and be currently enrolled, or completed one of the following: ACC 2010, ACC 2020, ACC 3040 or ACC 4030.
Step 2: Application Process
1. Complete a half-page write-up (1-page maximum) on why you are suitable for the trip, referring to the above requirements, and include all accounting courses you have completed. You should also:
▪ Explain why you are interested in the trip, and what you hope to gain from it;
▪ Be sure to include your name, student number, e-mail address and phone number along with the write-up (this can be on a separate page if necessary);
2. A copy of your most up-to-date resume and unofficial transcript (downloaded via aurora);
3. Submit your completed application to Mathieu Yahiro, the Toronto Trip Coordinator, via e-mail at email@example.com by 11:59pm on Friday, September 15th, 2017.
Step 3: Registration and Selection
Students will be selected on the above criteria. Only selected candidates will be contacted by Monday, September 18th, 2017 regarding their application acceptance, registration, and availability for a short, mandatory, pre-trip meeting. Please note: Students are responsible for a minimum fee of $450, which will cover round-trip airfare, site visits, hotel accommodations and transportation to and from the airport. Students are responsible for all other costs including, but not limited to: checked baggage fees, food, beverages, as well as additional tour and leisure expenses.
We’re Recruiting! Apply to join the 2017-18 ASBAA Council today!
If you’re looking to improve that resume, take part in some great events and network within the business community, then this is the perfect opportunity for you! ASBAA has many great events we put on throughout the year such as the Wine and Cheese, Annual Toronto Trip and the BASC Case Competition. There is plenty of opportunity to get involved throughout the year and make some new connections at the same time!
Now, you’re probably thinking, “What’s the first step to getting involved?”
1) Read over the positions listed in the google document (second tab), and decide on which ones you believe you’d be best suited for and most interested in. (You get to pick your top two choices.)
2) Meet us in the Fishbowl this Monday (April 3th) for Cake Day where we will be doing signups and answering any questions you may have.
Head over to our public Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nTtWwSdJx3aSZBPSmCw3zpwLiLZNIZD7_c-TbIZfzK4/edit#gid=1487714120
3) Input all necessary information into the Google Doc and send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 9th 2017.
We will send out information regarding interview signups following the sign-up deadline.
We look forward to meeting all of you and good luck to everyone throughout their final month of this term! If you have any further questions, please contact email@example.com.