Introducing the 18th annual Business and Accounting Case Competition and Conference(BASC), a two-day long event that will feature a meet and greet, a case competition, and a gala dinner. Students will have the opportunity to take home $1500 as well as the opportunity to connect with business students from different business schools across the country.
Registration includes a weekend long stay at the Fairmont hotel. Join an unforgettable opportunity to gain case study experience and network with firm representatives around Winnipeg.
Academic requirements for BASC:
1. Completed ACC 1010 and be enrolled/completed ACC 1110.
BASC runs from January 24 – 26, 2019 at the Fairmont Hotel.
Individual Sign-Up Early Bird (before November 30th, 2018) – $150
Team Sign-Up Early Bird (before November 30th, 2018) – $600
Individual Sign-Up – $165
Team Sign-Up – $650
BASC will be offering an early bird special of $600 for teams who commit before November 30th, 2018.
Teams are made of three to four participants. Asper students have the choice of registering as a team or as an individual. Registration forms can be accessed via the registration page.
Here are the top 4 reasons to participate in BASC:
- Impress members of the business community. BASC invites professionals and representatives from the top accounting firms in Winnipeg. Show them your confidence by participating in the case competition.
- Multiple opportunities to talk to potential employers. The Wine & Cheese and Gala Dinner are two events featured at BASC that allow students to talk to company representatives.
- Case study experience that will benefit you while pursuing your CPA Designation. Completing a CPA designation requires knowledge of how to do a case analysis. Experiencing a case study now will help you later on in your career.
- It is a great first step in getting involved with Asper and ASBAA.
If you have any questions on BASC or a special request for registration, please email email@example.com