For the first time ever, ASBAA will be hosting an internal, accounting-based case competition at the Asper School of Business, sponsored by CPA Manitoba!
The Internal Accounting Case Competition is a fantastic opportunity for Asper School of Business students to develop analytical and presentation skills while solving an accounting-based case. The opportunity is especially important for students who are interested in pursuing a CPA designation post-graduation, because case analysis skills are essential to their success.
Participation in the case competition is open to all Asper students regardless of their major and whether they have taken Accounting courses or not (although having taken Introductory Accounting courses is an asset). The competition is also open to students in any year of study!
The following are some additional details regarding the Competition:
- Date: Saturday, November 9, 2019
- Time: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Location: 1st Floor Drake Centre, Fishbowl
- Maximum of 10 teams, with 3 individuals per team
- $15 registration fee per team ($5 per team member). ASBAA members do not have to pay a fee!
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided to all participants
- There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners, as well as cash prizes!
For this case competition, there will be a 3-hour resolution period followed by 10 minutes of a presentation and a 5-minute Q&A with judges. The dress code is business professional.
If you would like to take part in the Internal Accounting Case Competition, please register by November 4 via the following form: https://tinyurl.com/y6cua3hn
If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to: