Wednesday, October 11th, 2017 – Saturday, October 14th, 2017
The Toronto Trip is one of the most memorable experiences to be a part of as an ASBAA member. Ten students, including the Toronto Trip Coordinator and accompanied by a faculty advisor, will travel to Toronto to experience the business hub of Canada. Students will visit the head offices of accounting firms within the greater Toronto area, as well as other big businesses in the city. This will be an excellent opportunity to network with professionals from outside of Winnipeg as well as having your resume looked at by the hiring managers of the firms we visit. In addition, students will get a chance to see major Toronto attractions and experience the social scene in the largest city in Canada. You don’t want to miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity! It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
To apply please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Check the Requirements
1. Be admitted to and registered in the Asper School of Business;
2. Be in good standing with the Asper School of Business, and the University of Manitoba, both academically and professionally;
3. Not have attended the Toronto trip in prior years;
4. Be an accounting major having completed both ACC 1100 and ACC 1110 with a grade of C+ or better, and be currently enrolled, or completed one of the following: ACC 2010, ACC 2020, ACC 3040 or ACC 4030.
Step 2: Application Process
1. Complete a half-page write-up (1-page maximum) on why you are suitable for the trip, referring to the above requirements, and include all accounting courses you have completed. You should also:
￼ Explain why you are interested in the trip, and what you hope to gain from it;
￼ Be sure to include your name, student number, e-mail address and phone number along with the write-up (this can be on a separate page if necessary);
2. A copy of your most up-to-date resume and unofficial transcript (downloaded via aurora);
3. Submit your completed application to Mathieu Yahiro, the Toronto Trip Coordinator, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm on Friday, September 15th, 2017.
Step 3: Registration and Selection
Students will be selected on the above criteria. Only selected candidates will be contacted by Monday, September 18th, 2017 regarding their application acceptance, registration, and availability for a short, mandatory, pre-trip meeting.
Please note: Students are responsible for a minimum fee of $450, which will cover round-trip airfare, site visits, hotel accommodations and transportation to and from the airport. Students are responsible for all other costs including, but not limited to: checked baggage fees, food, beverages, as well as additional tour and leisure expenses.