Wednesday, October 12th, 2016 – Saturday, October 15th, 2016
Toronto Trip Information
The Toronto Trip is one of the most memorable experiences to be a part of as an ASBAA member. Ten students will travel to Toronto to experience the business hub of Canada. Students will visit the head offices of accounting firms within the greater Toronto area, as well as other big businesses in the city. This will be an excellent opportunity to network with professionals from outside of Winnipeg as well as having your resume looked at by the hiring managers of the firms we visit. In addition students will get a chance to see major Toronto attractions and experience the social scene in the largest city in Canada. You don’t want to miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity!
To apply please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Requirements
- Be admitted to and registered in the Asper School of Business.
- Must be in good standing with the Asper School of Business, the University of Manitoba, both academically and professionally.
- Must not have attended the Toronto trip before.
- Must be an accounting major having completed both ACC 1100 and ACC 1110 with a grade of C+ or better and be currently enrolled, or completed one of the following: ACC 2010, ACC 2020, ACC 3040 or ACC 4030.
Step 2: Application
- Complete a half-page write-up (1 page maximum) on why you are suitable for the trip referring to the above requirements, and include all accounting courses you have completed
- Explain why you are interested in the trip, and what you hope to gain from it.
- Be sure to include your name, student number, e-mail address and phone number along with the write-up (This can be on a separate page if necessary).
- A copy of your most up-to-date resume and unofficial transcript.
Step 3: Submission
Submit your completed application to Midrar Anwar, the Toronto Trip Coordinator, via e-mail at email@example.com by 11:59pm on Friday, September 23rd, 2016.
Step 4: Registration
- Students will be selected on the above criteria. All candidates will be contacted by Monday, September 26th, 2016 regarding their application, registration, and availability for a short, mandatory, pre-trip meeting.
- Students are responsible for a minimum fee of $450, which will cover round-trip airfare, hotel accommodations and transportation to and from the airport. Students are responsible for all other costs including, but not limited to, food, beverages and leisure expenses, checked-bag fees, and accomodation for any additional nights they stay.
Please direct any further questions to Midrar Anwar via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org