Wednesday, October 8th, 2013 – Saturday, October 11th, 2014
Toronto Trip Information
The Toronto Trip is one of the most memorable experiences to be a part of as an ASBAA member. Ten students will travel to Toronto to experience the business hub of Canada. Students will visit the head offices of several accounting firms within the greater Toronto area, as well as other big businesses in the city. In addition students will get a chance to see major Toronto attractions and learn about their social culture. Do not miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity!
To apply please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Requirements
- Be admitted to and registered in the Asper School of Business.
- Must be in good standing with the Asper School of Business, the University of Manitoba, both academically and professionally.
- Must not have attended the Toronto trip before.
- Must be an accounting major having completed both ACC 1100 and ACC 1110 with a grade of C+ or better and be currently enrolled, or completed one of the following: ACC 2010, ACC 2020, ACC 3040 or ACC 4030.
Step 2: Application
- Complete a one-page write-up on why you are suitable for the trip referring to the above requirements, and include all accounting courses you have competed.
- Explain why you are interested in the trip, and what you hope to gain from it.
- Include a cover page with your name, student number, e-mail address and phone number.
Step 3: Submission
Submit your completed application to Kacie Olbrecht, the Toronto Trip Coordinator, via e-mail at email@example.com by Friday, September 12th, 2014.
Step 4: Registration
Students will be selected on the above criteria. All candidates will be contacted by Monday, September 15th, 2014. Students are financially responsible for a fee of $450, which will cover round-trip airfare, hotel accommodations and transportation. Students are responsible for all other costs including but not limited to food, beverages and leisure expenses.
Please direct any further questions to Kacie Olbrecht via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org